A cheek retractor is a dental instrument that holds the cheeks and lips away from the teeth and gums during various dental procedures.
Some standard features of a cheek retractor include
- A horseshoe-shaped component that fits into the mouth and holds the cheeks and lips away from the teeth and gums
- A comfortable and non-irritating material such as silicone to reduce discomfort to the patient
- A flexible component that allows the retractor to adapt to different mouth shapes and sizes
- An adjustable mechanism to control the amount of retraction needed for the specific procedure
- A reusable or disposable design for convenience and hygiene purposes.
These features allow for efficient and comfortable exposure of the teeth and gums during dental procedures, facilitating better visualization and access for the dentist.