Feline periosteal elevators are dental tools used in veterinary dentistry, specifically for cats. They are used to elevate and reflect the gingival tissue and periosteum during dental procedures, such as tooth extractions or periodontal surgeries.
Here are some of the key features of feline periosteal elevators
- Blade design Feline periosteal elevators typically have a straight or slightly curved blade that is designed for elevating the gingival tissue and periosteum. The blade may be flat, rounded, or angled, depending on the intended use.
- Handle design The handle of a feline periosteal elevator is designed for a comfortable grip, with some models featuring a ribbed or textured surface for improved grip. The handle may also be angled to allow for better access to the surgical site.
- Size Feline periosteal elevators come in various sizes, with different sizes being used for different tooth sizes and surgical procedures.
- Material Feline periosteal elevators are typically made of stainless steel or a similar material that is durable and easy to sterilize.
- Sterilization Feline periosteal elevators are reusable tools that must be sterilized between uses. They are typically sterilized using autoclaving, which is a process that uses high-pressure steam to kill bacteria and other pathogens.
- Packaging Feline periosteal elevators may come individually packaged or as part of a set, along with other instruments used in a particular procedure.
There are no reviews yet.