The Seldin Elevator uses a simple pulley system that keeps your hands free to work on other patients, making it easier to get multiple patients done at once and avoid getting caught up in the details of each case. The tool also has an ergonomic handle that makes it easy to hold on to without getting sore or fatigued from long use.
The main features of Seldin Elevators include
- A pointed or scooped tip for engaging and lifting the root of the tooth
- A handle that can be angled or curved for improved grip and control
- Different sizes, shapes, and angles to fit different teeth and extraction needs
- Serrated or ridged tip for added grip on the tooth (some variations)
- Made of high-quality stainless steel for durability and sterilization.
- Can be used in different surgical extraction techniques, such as peristome, to loosen the tooth from the socket.
- Can be used in combination with other dental extraction tools, such as forceps, to safely and efficiently remove teeth.
- Some Seldin Elevators have a unique “cup-shaped” tip that allows displacing the tooth apically.
- They are also known as “Seldin Apical Displacement Elevators”