An extracting forcep is a dental instrument used to grasp and remove teeth during dental extractions. Some standard features of an extracting forcep include:
- A pair of curved or angled blades that grasp and apply force to the tooth being extracted
- A handle or grip for the dentist to hold and use force with
- Serrated or toothed edges for improved grip on the tooth
- A ratchet mechanism to lock the blades in place once they have a firm grip on the tooth
- A variety of blade shapes and sizes to accommodate different tooth sizes and shapes.
These features allow the extracting forcep to effectively and efficiently remove teeth during dental extractions, providing the dentist with the necessary tools to perform the procedure.
There are no reviews yet.