A Plain Socket Mirror is a commonly used dental instrument that allows dentists to examine the oral cavity, teeth, and gums of a patient during a dental procedure.
Here are some of the features of a Plain Socket Mirror
- Shape The Plain Socket Mirror is a small, circular mirror that is attached to a long, thin handle. The handle is typically made of stainless steel or plastic.
- Size The diameter of the mirror is usually between 1.5 and 2.5 centimetres.
- Material The mirror itself is made of a highly reflective material, typically glass or metal.
- Function The Plain Socket Mirror is used to reflect light into hard-to-see areas of the mouth, allowing dentists to examine teeth, gums, and other oral tissues from different angles.
- Comfort The handle of the Plain Socket Mirror is designed to be ergonomic so that it is comfortable to hold and use for extended periods of time.
- Sterilization The Plain Socket Mirror is sterilized before and after each use to prevent the spread of germs and infection.
Overall, the Plain Socket Mirror is an essential tool for dental professionals, as it allows them to provide better care to their patients by improving their visibility and accuracy during dental procedures.