Metal sterilization trays for dentists are used to store and transport instruments that have been sterilized.
The features of these trays typically include:
- They are made of stainless steel which is durable, corrosion-resistant, and easy to clean.
- They come in different sizes and shapes, designed to fit different types and quantities of instruments.
- They have perforated or mesh bottoms, which allow for proper steam penetration during sterilization.
- They have a lid to protect the instruments from contamination and to keep them in place.
- They have handles or grips for easy transport.
- They have multiple compartments to separate the instruments and prevent them from scratching each other.
- They can be autoclaved or sterilized in other ways, depending on the tray’s design.
- Some trays have a locking mechanism for secure closure
- Some trays have a colour-coded system to identify the tray for a specific type of instruments
- Some trays are stackable to save space
- Some trays are made of plastic which is less expensive, but still durable and easy to clean.