An aspirating syringe in dentistry is a type of syringe used to suction liquids during various dental procedures.
Some common features of an aspirating syringe in dentistry include
- A large-capacity barrel to hold the liquid being suctioned
- A plunger that creates a vacuum to draw fluid into the barrel
- A clear barrel to allow for visualization of the fluid being aspirated
- A luer lock or slip tip to connect to other dental instruments or suction devices
- A thumb ring or finger rest for a comfortable grip during use.
These features allow for efficient and safe suction of liquids during dental procedures, helping to maintain a clean and dry field for the dentist to work in.