The Minnesota retractor is a type of surgical retractor used in dentistry to hold back tissues and provide exposure during oral surgery procedures.
Some standard features of a Minnesota retractor in dentistry include
- A blade or blade-like component that is inserted into the surgical site to retract tissues
- A handle or grip to hold the retractor in place
- An adjustable mechanism to control the position and angle of the blade
- A ratchet mechanism to lock the blade in place
- Small size to allow for use in tight or confined surgical spaces.
These features allow the Minnesota retractor to effectively and efficiently retract tissues during oral surgery procedures, providing better visibility and access to the surgical site for the dentist.