Hollow scalers in dentistry are dental instruments used in periodontal therapy to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) from teeth. The handle is the part of the instrument that the dental professional holds during use.
Some features of hollow scaler handles include
- Hollow handles are made of two pieces of metal, typically stainless steel, that are joined together. They are designed to be lightweight and easy to handle.
- The handle is hollow inside, which reduces the weight of the instrument and makes it easier to handle during prolonged use.
- They have a universal fitting that allows them to be used with a variety of scaler tips, depending on the scaling procedure that needs to be performed.
- Some designs have a textured grip for improved control and precision during use.
- Some designs have a finger rest for increased comfort and better control.
- Some designs are autoclavable, which allows for easy sterilization and reuse.
- Some designs have a colored ring, indicating the size of the handle.
- The hollow handle design allows for better control and precision during use, especially for dental professionals with smaller hands or for those who suffer from hand fatigue during prolonged use.
There are no reviews yet.