Columbia Curette dental tools are periodontal instruments that are used to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) from teeth. They typically have a sharp, pointed tip and a curved or angled handle.
Some features of Columbia Curette dental tools include
- Double-ended design, with a scaler on one end and a curette on the other
- Stainless steel construction for durability and easy sterilization
- A variety of sizes and angles are available to access different areas of the mouth
- Some designs have a handle with a textured grip for improved control and precision during use
- The scaler end is used to remove plaque, calculus, and stains from the surface of the tooth.
- The curette end is used to remove plaque and calculus from the root surfaces of teeth and in the pockets of the gums.
- The angles of the instruments are specially designed to access hard-to-reach areas in the mouth.
- Some designs have a unique tip shape for a specific use, for example for molar or incisor teeth.