Here are some features of dental impression trays
- Size Dental impression trays come in different sizes to fit the patient’s mouth, and they are usually made of metal or plastic.
- Material Dental impression trays are made from materials that are rigid and durable enough to hold the impression material, yet flexible enough to conform to the patient’s mouth.
- Types There are different types of dental impression trays, including full arch trays that cover the entire arch of teeth and partial arch trays that only cover specific areas of the mouth.
- Design The design of the dental impression tray varies depending on the type of impression needed. Some trays have perforations or holes to allow excess impression material to flow out, while others have a smooth surface to prevent the impression material from sticking.
- Autoclavable Many dental impression trays are autoclavable, meaning they can be sterilized and reused for multiple patients.
- Comfort Some dental impression trays are designed with patient comfort in mind, with features like rounded edges and smoother surfaces to minimize discomfort during the impression-taking process.
Disposable Some dental impression trays are designed for single-use and are disposable, reducing the risk of cross-contamination between patients.
There are no reviews yet.