Polydent impression trays are a type of dental instrument used by dentists to take impressions of a patient’s teeth and gums.
Some of the features of polydent impression trays may include
- Material Polydent impression trays are typically made of a flexible and durable material called thermoplastic. This material can be heated and moulded to conform to the patient’s mouth and teeth, providing a more accurate impression.
- Size and shape The tray comes in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit different patients’ mouths. The size and shape of the tray will depend on the area of the mouth being imprinted and the size of the patient’s mouth.
- Perforations or holes The tray may have small perforations or holes to allow the impression material to flow through and capture an accurate impression of the teeth and gums.
- Handles The tray may have handles or other features that make it easier for the dentist or dental assistant to handle and place the tray in the patient’s mouth.
- Compatibility The tray will be compatible with the type of impression material being used, whether it’s a traditional alginate material or a more advanced silicone material.
- Serializability The tray is designed to be sterilizable and reusable. It can be cleaned and disinfected after each use to ensure it is safe for the next patient.
Customizability Some polydent impression trays can be further customized by trimming or reshaping the tray to better fit a patient’s unique dental anatomy.