A Frahm Carver is a dental hand instrument used to shape and contour dental restorative materials, such as amalgam and composite fillings.
Some features of this instrument include
- Sharp, pointed blade The blade is typically made of stainless steel and has a pointed tip that is used to carve and sculpt the filling material.
- Ergonomic handle The handle is designed to provide a secure grip for the user, it could be made of a variety of materials such as plastic or metal, which are comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver.
- Lightweight Some variations of the tool may have a hollow handle to reduce weight and increase maneuverability, which makes it easy to use for long periods.
- Durable The instrument is made of high-quality materials that are resistant to corrosion and can withstand frequent use in a dental setting.
- Versatile The Frahm Amalgam Carver is a versatile instrument that can be used for a wide range of procedures, including sculpting and contouring of filling materials.
- Sterilizable The instrument can be easily sterilized after each use to ensure a high level of safety and hygiene for patients.
- Angled blade Frahm Carvers has an angled blade that allows easy access to the interproximal areas of the tooth, which can be used for shaping and contouring the proximal surfaces as well.
- Sizes Frahm Carvers are available in different sizes and shapes to access hard-to-reach areas of the tooth.
- Carving and shaping dental restorations with precision
- Ideal for use in a variety of dental procedures, such as filling and shaping cavities
- A versatile tool that dental professionals of all levels of experience can use
- Helps to improve the quality and accuracy of dental restorations, resulting in better patient outcomes