An IPC (Interproximal Carver Amalgam) is a dental hand instrument used to shape and contour dental restorative materials, such as amalgam and composite fillings.
Some features of this instrument include
- Sharp, pointed blade Typically made of stainless steel and has a pointed tip that is used to carver and sculpt the filling material in the interproximal areas.
- Ergonomic handle The handle is designed to provide a secure grip for the user, it could be made of a variety of materials, such as plastic or metal, which are comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver.
- Lightweight The tool may have a hollow handle to reduce weight and increase maneuverability, which makes it easy to use for long periods.
- Durable The instrument is made of high-quality materials that are resistant to corrosion and can withstand frequent use in a dental setting.
- Versatile The IPC Carver is a versatile instrument that can be used for a wide range of procedures, including sculpting and contouring of filling materials in interproximal areas.
- Sterilizable The instrument can be easily sterilized after each use to ensure a high level of safety and hygiene for patients.
- Angled blade IPC Amalgam Carvers has an angled blade that gives better access to the interproximal area and can be used for shaping and contouring the proximal surfaces as well.
- Sizes IPC Carvers are available in different sizes and shapes to access hard-to-reach areas of the tooth.
The Off-Angle IPC Carver with Hollow Handle from RDM Dental is a versatile instrument that can be used for various dental procedures. Some common uses for this instrument include:
- Crown and bridge work: The off-angle design of the craver allows for better access to hard-to-reach areas, making it ideal for removing excess cement during crown and bridge work.
- Filling removal: The sharp, angled tip of the craver is perfect for removing old fillings, preparing teeth for new fillings, and accessing small areas in the mouth.
- Scaling and root planing: The carver can remove plaque and calculus from teeth during scaling and root planing procedures.
- Periodontal procedures: The carver’s off-angle design and hollow handle make it comfortable during periodontal procedures, such as deep cleaning and scaling.
Endodontic procedures: The interproximal amalgam carver can also be used during endodontic procedures to remove excess gutta-percha and access hard-to-reach areas of the root canal.
There are no reviews yet.