The Ward Carver 2 is a dental hand instrument used to shape and contour dental restorative materials, such as amalgam and composite fillings carvers.
Some features of this instrument include
- Sharp, pointed blade The blade is typically made of stainless steel and has a pointed tip that is used to carver and sculpt the filling material.
- Ergonomic handle The solid handle is designed to provide a secure grip for the user, it could be made of a variety of materials, such as plastic or metal, which are comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver.
- Lightweight Some variations of the tool may have a hollow handle to reduce weight and increase maneuverability, which makes it easy to use for long periods.
- Durable The instrument is made of high-quality materials resistant to corrosion and can withstand frequent use in a dental setting.
- Versatile The Wards Carver is a versatile instrument that can be used for a wide range of procedures, including sculpting and contouring of filling materials.
- Sterilizable The instrument can be easily sterilized after each use to ensure patient safety and hygiene.
- Angled blade Ward craver has an angled blade that gives better access to the interproximal area and can be used for shaping and contouring the occlusal surfaces.
- Sizes Wards carvers are available in different sizes and shapes to access hard-to-reach areas of the tooth.
The Wards Carver 2 Solid Hollow Handle is a versatile dental instrument that can be used for various procedures, including:
Scaling and root planing: The sharp, curved tip is ideal for removing tartar and plaque from below the gum line and smoothing rough spots on the roots of teeth.
- Periodontal procedures: The instrument can clean and remove debris from periodontal pockets, which can help prevent gum disease.
- Restorative procedures: The solid hollow handle provides a comfortable grip for the precise placement of composite fillings, while the sharp tip can be used for shaping and contouring.
- Endodontic procedures: The instrument can remove pulp tissue and debris during root canal treatment.
- Prosthodontic procedures: The sharp tip can adjust and contour dentures and other prosthetic appliances for a comfortable fit.