They are typically used to loosen the tooth’s periodontal ligament and separate it from the socket.
The main features of Apexo Elevators include
- A pointed or scooped tip for engaging and lifting the root of the tooth
- A handle that can be angled or curved for improved grip and control
- Different sizes, shapes, and angles to fit different teeth and extraction needs
- Serrated or ridged tip for added grip on the tooth (some variations)
- Made of high-quality stainless steel for durability and sterilization.
- Can be used in different surgical extraction techniques, such as peristome, to loosen the tooth from the socket.
- Can be used in combination with other dental extraction tools, such as forceps, to safely and efficiently remove teeth.
- Apexo elevators are known for its unique design of the blade that allows for a more efficient separation of the tooth from the ligament and socket.
- They are also known as “Apexo Apical Displacement Elevator”